3.05.2010

Pearl

 

Meet Pearl. 

Pets like Pearl do make it hard for me to volunteer at the Humane Society and not bring more furry friends into my home.

Four-year-old Pearl came into the shelter as a stray ... and missing her eyes. They fixed her up and now she's looking for her forever family. I spent way more time with Pearl than I should have giving her some snuggles ... and spent much more time than made sense trying to figure out how to convince my husband to adopt her. (Not going to happen. We have four companion animals already.) (Are you absolutely sure, hon?)

But she is such a sweetie. In many ways, you wouldn't know she's blind. She purrs for a petting. And nuzzles your hand for more.

No one knows how she lost her eyes. But it really doesn't matter. She's got a heart full of love for someone who will just love her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment